House of Champions Academy of Martial Arts
News and Bruises

During this festive time of year the fireplace can be a safety hazard. Protect your loved ones and your home by following this advice:

• Before lighting any fire, remove all greens, boughs, papers, and other decorations from fireplace area. Check to see that the flue is open.

• Use care with “fire salts,” which produce colored flames when thrown on wood fires. They contain heavy metals that can cause intense gastrointestinal irritation and vomiting if eaten. Keep them away from children.

• Do not burn gift wrap paper in the fireplace. A flash fire may result as wrappings ignite suddenly and burn intensely.

Happy Holidays from the House of Champions!